Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Not Like We Haven't Done This Before.... Right?

On October 6th, my wife Tania, my daughter Maya, and I are going to Bangladesh to adopt twin boys. In some sense, we've done this before, as Maya was adopted in Bangladesh in the summer of 2006. However, we haven't done this before. We've never adopted two at the same time, and depending on who we tell this to, we are are either totally bat sh*t crazy or Mother Teresa-esque world savers AND bat sh*t crazy. I particularly like the latter. Much like Cindy McCain, I too want to claim that Mother Teresa personally handed me the babies in Bangladesh, despite her being dead for 11 years. But I digress.

Last week, Tania's Aunts in Bangladesh went and visited the boys. Tania's cousin, Salman, took a camera, giving us our first view of them, Kamran and Kalil.

Cute, no? (Koob shundor, na?) It goes without saying that I'm very excited and can't wait to get there and start the process. As we work through this, I will attempt to keep you all up to date on the twists and turns of the process. This is never simple though, never easy, but worth every step.